Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day Four (swimming lessons and of course random shot of Xander)


During Yakima's spring break the YMCA here offered a week of free beginner swimming lessons. Well I am always after a good deal so how could I pass up free? I was in. The first day Lexi would not get in the water. My kid is a little fish but there is one thing she in not a fan of, adult men (she still randomly decides she doesn't like Mark sometimes). The teachers for this class were both boys and Lexi would have nothing to do with them. So the next day we tried again (I bribed her). When we go there one of the teachers was different..... a nice "Grandma" is what Lexi called her. With her as the new teacher Lexi was ready to go. She had a great time that day. The next day however the boys were back and yet again we were a no go. On Thursday the "Grandma" was back so Lexi was all set. But when it came time for her to get in the water the boy teacher came up to get her. I was on pins and needles as I watched to see what she would do. She sat for a while thinking and then finally......splash. She actually jumped to him. The last day it was the two boys again. She was very slow and cautious to get in but she did. I don't know which I was more proud of, her new swimming skills or her getting over her fear of the boy teachers. Either way it was money well spent. Oh wait, it was free.

Her and her friend Juliet splashing on the side while they waited for their turn. I was really proud of Lexi being the only 3 year old in the class. All the other kids were 4 or 5.

Check out that back floating action with "the Grandma"







I just love these faces.


This is a very common one for Xander; wide eyed with his fingers in his mouth.






Look we actually got a smile on camera.


Both of our kids have loved laying like this. Only one difference, Xander likes to sleep in it and as we all know, Lexi was not so much for the sleeping.






4 comments:

Brad and Erica said...

Great job, Lexi! She looks very happy once she is in the water. I want to put Annika in swimming lessons this summer, but you remember how much she likes the water when it isn't her idea... Xander is pretty adorable, and I still think he looks just like Mark. Especially when he smiles. I will never get sick of all your blog posts, even if you did 10 a day!

Cristine said...

Go Lexi! So proud that she got over her fear and jumped in! And I love Xander's wide eyes... too cute!

Shelley Patterson said...

Great job Lexi! And I love how identical the old photos of Lexi are with Xander's sleeping pose. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Xander smiling totally looked like Mark.lol