Sunday, January 23, 2011

Xander Charles Grow

Okay lets see if I can finally finish this blog. I have been trying to blog about baby Xander for days now but it seems to be taking me a while. Anyway here we go.

So Xander decided to enter this world just like his sister, fast and furious. On Monday night Mark and I were watching some TV when I started to get some painful "braxton hicks" or at least I thought they were. I had been having them pretty regularly since my car wreck on Wednesday. After I had been having them pretty regularly for about two hours I started to get excited that maybe I was in labor and that I was going to have a normal one where the contractions build and you wait to go to the hospital. I decided that just in case I better go double check that everything was ready to go to the hospital. With in about ten minute my contractions went from 7 to 8 minutes apart and just pretty painful to 2 minutes apart and killing me. So I quickly let Mark know that we were headed to the hospital and that we needed to load up the car. We grabbed Lexi, took her to the neighbors and basically tossed her in bed as we headed out the door. Thanks Sykes for being such great friends and taking Lexi for us.

From there we quickly and painfully drove to hospital. By the time we arrived my contractions were about a minute apart. They quickly rushed me up stairs to check me and see how things were coming along. Well as soon as the nurse checked me she ran out of the room yelling I need some help down here. As it turns out I was already a ten and basically ready to burst. Sadly however he was face up so we had to get him turned around before he could be born. Luckily he did that pretty quickly and thus in less than 45 minutes from arrival, at 2:05 a.m., Xander entered the world weighing in at 7lb 14 oz. and 20 1/2" long. I was really hoping for some drugs this time. Maybe next time but I doubt it.

After a couple of days in the hospital we finally got to come home. We are all doing really well. I feel great for having just had a baby and Xander is such a cutie. Lexi loves him so much already. She is always telling me. "Mom I love baby Xander, I am so glad he came out of your tummy. He is my brother and I love him. He is my favorite friend." She holds him a least 20 times a day and is always making sure he has his binkie and a few toys. So far life with the new little man is going great. He is even sleeping pretty well; way better then Lexi ever did. With that all said here are way to many pictures in a totally random order. I would fix them but then I would never get this done. Hope you enjoy.


Day one.



This is the first day we brought him home. Lexi made sure he was well cared for.
Checking out his new home.
Our dog Tess was immediately very protective of him and just kept sitting right next to him. When he cried for the first time she became very concerned. She is already his little protector.

Here he is all bundled up, ready to go home.


Two days old.



Lexi giving Xander kisses. We have seen this a lot in the last few days.

Poor Mark he had just started his days off of work and was trying to adjust his sleep back to days. When he got home Monday morning he didn't go to bed so he would be tired that night and be able to sleep. But, I went into labor that night so he didn't get to go to bed till about 5:00 Tuesday morning and that was only for a couple of hours because he had to go get Lexi and take care of her. Needless to say he was a little tired for the next couple of days. He stole my bed while I was rocking with Xander. Lexi decided she wanted to go sleep with him but she is just pretending to sleep.

Proud daddy loving his new little son.

Helping a very angry Xander get some bubbles out of his tummy.
The three people I love most. I have the best family.

We saw this smile a lot while she was holding "her little brother."

Such a happy big sister.

9 comments:

The McBride Family said...

You guys all look great. I LOVE how much Lexi loves him already and that she made sure he had a Dora doll. I know how much new born boys love those! :)Beautiful family Britteny. We love you all!

Cristine said...

I love all the pictures!!!!! So happy for you to have a precious little boy! They are definitely different than little girls. Stock up on Hot Wheels now! :) Oh, and I am really glad he is sleeping better than Lexi did.... that is GREAT for you!

The Mortensens said...

Oh he is SO cute! I love that your dog is protective of him too. It seems like Lexi is going to be a great big sister. :)

Jamie Baum Garrett said...

You have a beautiful family Brittany! Xander is sucha cutie. I'm happy labor was quick for you, especially since you didn't have time to get the drugs. :)

Shelley Patterson said...

I'm glad that everything went well. I can't believe how fast he got here! You are so lucky... or very unlucky for not being able to have drugs... I can't decide. Xander is adorable, and Lexi looks like she is going to be such a great big sister. Congrats!

White Family said...

SOO Cute!! Love all the pictures! I'm too lazy to read the story so you'll have to tell me all about it at our next vting apointment! :) Thanks for the blog address--how fun!

Laura

Erica Bazil said...

How adorable! Congratulations!!! We love the name Xander here too and are likely to use it in the future - what a cute name for such a cute little guy! Glad all is well - especially for Lexi who appears to be beaming! :)

The Tobias Family said...

Awww.... he's very handsome. I'm so happy for you on your new little guy.

debs life said...

Congrats again! He's a precious boy! I love the "X" theme you have going on with your children's names. Enjoy!