Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The pumpkin patch and more!!

I know, Finally I am posting a blog. There is really no excuse for me posting so little lately but I am going to try and do better. So here is our most recent adventure. Yesterday for family night we decided to got to a little corn maze/pumpkin patch thing. It was not the coolest place ever but Lexi loved it. Plus the people where really nice. We got there only an hour before closing so they only charged us $5 for all of us to get in. Then when we were trying to decide which pumpkins to buy to take home they just told us to take all FIVE (three of which were really big) for $5.



Lexi an daddy all smiles for the Hay Ride. Every time we would go over a bump she would say "weee this is so much fun."






Going down the big hay bail slide. It was a little fast for our liking. I went down it after Lexi and it was so bumpy that is was probably not the best thing for a pregnant lady to be doing. Oops.







Lately Lexi has been all about figuring out which path we should take. Whether at home, the store or just while going on a walk. So when we got to the kids maze she was in heaven. She just ran around going. "Which path we should take?" Then while pointing, "hm that one, let's go, follow to me." She naturally had to do it about five times.









She had a great time picking out her own little pumpkin from the little pumpkin patch and was all smiles as she proudly carried it.



Lexi being the animal lover that she is naturally loved all of the farm animals that were there. This kid loves animals so much I swear she is going to be Diego when she grows up and have her own animal rescue center.




We had planned to carve pumpkins next week but Lexi couldn't possible bring her pumpkin home and not use her new "tools" to carve it. Last week at the store we bought a pumpkin carving kits which Lexi immediately decided was her "new tools." She has been wanting to use them all week. I told her they were for carving pumpkins and we so we would have to wait until we got some pumpkins. Well, we had pumpkins so Lexi wasn't going to wait anymore. So since we got 5 pumpkins we decided to let her carve one last night. She has a great time.

She didn't like touching the stuff inside though.



She was very focused on poking the pattern onto her pumpkin.


We even let her help cut it out.



Proudly displaying her kitty pumpkin.



Since we already had the camera out and taking pictures I figured I better throw in one belly picture so you can all see how much bigger I am with this one. Apparently boys require a bit more room. This is about what I looked like at 7 1/2 months with Lexi only I am only 6 months here. Lexi of course had to pose with me.


Here is a video of how we spent our time in the corn maze. Lexi was our fearless leader. We eventually just went back out the entrance since being only two she wasn't the best navigator of the giant corn maze.


7 comments:

Becky Clinton said...

You all look sassy and gorgeous! Lexi has her daddy's smile and her mommy's eyes.

Cristine said...

I can't believe how big she looks!!!!!! I know she will be 3 soon but still... where did baby Lexi go? I guess I can't call her baby Lexi anymore! :) Loved all the pictures and I LOVE your pregnant belly!

The McBride Family said...

Yep definitely NOT baby Lexi anymore! So crazy. I am SOOOO glad you posted a belly shot b/c every pic before I was like dangit I can't see Britteny's belly! You are so tiny even if you feel huge!!! You all look great! Love you and miss you!

ranceandtessa said...

How fun! Your little girl is darling! The first time you posted something on my blog I was so confused because I had no idea who "The Grows" were. But now I do:) I think the last time I saw you was in Winco a few years ago - time flies. You are still cute as ever! Good luck with the pregnacy.

Shelley Patterson said...

Wow- you look GREAT for 6 months! Seriously. I'm glad Lexi had fun at the maze and pumpkin patch. What a doll! I hope Ayla gets hair like hers.

Anonymous said...

you look great. I couldn't even tell you were preggo in any of the pictures.
Lexi's hair is so long, and she gets prettier everytime I see pictures.

Kade and Emily said...

Looks like a good time pickin' pumpkins! You look awful cute being preggers...pretty sure that's what I look like @ 12 weeks!