Last Wednesday was a sad day here in the Grow house hold....well at least it was for Mark and I, Lexi might not agree. Lexi turned two. I can't believe she is already that old. We waited to have her birthday party on Sunday so more people could make it. So, on her birthday we just spoiled her rotten. We let her have all the milk and juice she wanted (okay not all she wanted cause she wouldn't have eaten anything if we did), she had hostess chocolate cupcakes (one of her favorites) for breakfast and then we took her for chicken and fries for lunch. We also took her to the soft play which she loves. Best of all I didn't accomplish anything all day so that I could just play with her. She was pretty happy that day.
On Sunday we had her party. Nothing too big, just family, some balloons, a cake, and of course presents. Lexi has been big into Curious George (or monkey George as Lexi would say) lately so we went banana's hahahaha. Wow that was a lame joke. Here are just a few picture from the celebration.
Here she is with her monkey balloon that she thought was the best thing ever.
She had been trying to open her presents all day so when it finally came time to open them she dug right in.
She knew exactly what to do when she saw the candles. She was so fast I almost didn't get a picture taken.
I think this smile says it all. She was a little less messy with her cake this year.
Lately Lexi has been all about pretending that something has gone wrong so that she can fix it or so she can yell for help. She will hang her baby off the edge of the couch and yell "oh no." Then after she has pulled it to safety she will snuggle it while saying "it's okay I save you, poor things." Or, she will dangle herself over the edge of that couch of pretend that she has fallen down and then yell "oh no, save me, quick hold my hand." Well her birthday was no exception her balloon just kept getting away from her but luckily she was always able to get it back.

6 comments:
So cute!! Listen to her talking!!! SHe is so big Britteny! And beautiful! Happy Birthday Lexi!
So cute, Britteny! She is getting so big! Anya just told me, "Wow, Lexi is 2 already?". Looks like she had a great party... wish we could've been there!
Happy birthday Lexi! She sure is a cutie!
Awwww! So cute, I am soooo bummed we couldn't be there, hopefully I can send out her bday and Christmas stuff here shortly, if not it'll come back with grandma and/or grandpa. Tell my adorable niece Happy Birthday from her cousins, aunt and uncle!
She is such a lucky girl, and so adorable. I wish I got to be around her more. I will just have to make her love me.
Britteny, Lexi has changed so much ("Oh no!!"). Congratulations on making it to tow.
Post a Comment