Monday, November 2, 2009

"Squeak Squeak Squeak"

So we had quite the Halloween this year. A couple days before Halloween we carved our pumpkins. Lexi thought it was fun to scoop the pumpkin but she didn't like touching it.....she thought they were "yucky". She is a little to small to use a knife so once the pumpkins were clean she got a fun Halloween coloring page, some spooky stickers, and lots of markers, to create her our spooky creation.




Here are the finished products. Mark did Sponge Bob and I did the trick or treat.


Finally it was Halloween day. That morning we got up to make Pumpkin waffles only to discover that we were out of yellow food coloring so Lexi put her our mixture of colors in to make some grey ones...they looked kind of gross but I guess that still fits with Halloween. In the afternoon we watched the great mouse detective to prep Lexi for later that night (it is kind of a scary movie and Lexi was going to be a mouse so I thought it was the perfect choice). Finally it was time to go trunker treating. We got all ready and headed out. We actually went to two trunker treats, our wards and Marks mom's so she could go with her cousins. She was a little hesitant at first and just wanted to eat every piece of candy they put in her Elmo but once she figured it out she was a pro...you can probably tell by the picture to follow.

I think the look on her face says it all.


Here she is picking out her favorite candies.


"Candy please." She never did say trick or treat but at least she said thanks most of the time.








"More Please"


Here she is with her two cousins Ari (the Chicken) and Joey (the princess).


She and Joey had almost as much fun running around in the bushes at the church.




Later that night my parents came over for dinner, games,and a movie. When my mom showed up she was wearing a scary mask and Lexi got a little bit scared.

We had a great dinner of Maggot Stew (a yummy hamburger soup with orzo to look like maggots), bread bones (rolls shaped like bones), and blood to drink, complete with eyeballs (homemade plum juice with frozen grapes). I forgot to take a picture put it was a fun meal and rather delicious. After that I went with my parents to visit my Grandma in the hospital. She is 92 years old and seems to be visiting the hospital more and more. She is doing better but it was the one sad point of the day. After that we came back to play games and eat smoothies complete with spiders. By then it was pretty late so we called it a night.


Here are some videos of Lexi Squeaking her shoes like a mouse and chasing Mark with a bat. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lexi is too cute. It sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I was there!

Shelley Patterson said...

What a cute little mouse! And that dinner sounds like it was fun too.

Cristine said...

Sounds like a fun day! Lexi made a cute mouse!

Jennie said...

Ohh, Lexi was so cute as a little mouse! Sounds like your day was a blast. I hope your grandma is doing better! You will have to tell her that I said Hi. We miss you guys.
Something funny, a new couple moved into our ward and her name is Brittany Smith. I had to laugh, she is pretty fun, so it must come with the name.