Friday, July 24, 2009

We made it!!!!

So I figured I better let everyone know that we made it to Idaho safe and sound. The trip went pretty good despite that fact that Lexi only slept about 7 hours in a 36 hour period. She even did pretty well on the 11 and a half hour flight which she only slept like 4 hours of. She had fun playing in the airport burning off all that extra cooped up energy. She was really shy when we were greeted at the airport by a large good of family and friends and even the news paper. Yes, I said the newspaper. Apparently Pocatello is really hurting for local news. Now I get to look forward to seeing my picture in the newspaper on Sunday (a picture that was taken after having traveled halfway around the world and only having slept about 4 hour in 48, so I should look great).
Lexi warmed up to her cousins and grandparents rather quickly and has been having a great time. She has only tried to call her friend Annika, who lives back in Germany a few times.
On a sadder note, she has come down with something today and as a result has thrown up about 20 times today, it has been a long day. Hopefully she will feel better soon. I don't know how many more times I can be thrown up on or how much longer I can stand having a baby permanently attached to me. But, I guess we will get through it. Other then that things are going well.
I will post a real post sometime soon I promise. I know I have been a huge stacker lately. I guess moving over the ocean will do that too you.
To all my friends back in Germany I miss you terribly and I hope all is well.

6 comments:

Cristine said...

Miss you too, Britteny! Sorry to hear that Lexi is so sick. I hope she gets better ASAP!

The McBride Family said...

Oh no poor Lexi!!! I bet she got it from being on the plane for FOREVER! My kids always get sick a day or 2 after the flight! Glad you made it and it cracks me up about the newspaper! :) We already miss you too Britteny!!

Anonymous said...

Glad your trip was only mildly exhausting.haha I know leaving Germany was sad, but to look on the brigh side, I bet you will love have your family around (especially babysitting).:)
Glad you made it safe.

Unknown said...

I bet she got it from Idaho. Idaho is always making people vomit.

I mean... welcome back, girl! We'll have to hang out sometime!

debs life said...

Moving across the world is no reason to be a slacker, lol. I am sure she got sick from the plane. People travel when they are sick because airlines stink at giving refunds.

Kade and Emily said...

Welcome back to the states! That's hilarious that you made it into the papers...what's it take to get on tv there? ;)