Okay, so let's just warn you that there are entirely too many photos on this Blog, but I just couldn't figure out which ones to cut out. Plus, if you saw how many pictures I chose from, you would actually say I didn't use very many. Now on to the Blog.
So, my parents came over again at the end of March and we had another great trip. We saw a little of Germany, Belgium, and The Netherlands. They were here for 9 days and we made sure they stayed busy. Lexi had a great time with her grandparents. I think she must have remembered them from our last visit home cause she warmed up to them pretty fast. She learned a bunch of naughty things from her grandpa (she now puts everything on here head, even her food), and just had a great time playing with them. With that said, let's move on to the more exciting part of this blog, the pictures. They aren't in order of how we traveled, but at least locations are grouped together so I just called it good.
On our last trip we went to a little town called Cochem. It is along the Mosel River. It is a really cute little town with a big castle overlooking it. Walking along the river is a lot of fun. Lexi really loved these swans. She is clapping and laughing in this picture.
Here, she is trying to feed it some bread.
On the same day, we went to Burg Eltz Castle. It is a really cool castle because it never got destroyed so all the furnishings and things are original. Plus, the location is pretty nice, too.
During one of our longer road trips, we went to the Keukenhof in Holland to see the tulips and the other beautiful flowers. Lexi had a great time here. The petting zoo was her favorite (there were so many cute pictures from it that it will be getting its own blog, so keep and eye out for it)
This a is typical Lexi face when she thinks something is really cool. Here she is amazed by some random fountain.
Lexi and I are the tiny spots on the circle in the water. It was just so pretty there.
I had to take a piture of these flowers because they just didn't look real.
My parents and a konked-out Lexi in front of the windmill in the Gardens.
She really wanted those ducks.
A master chess player in the making?
Hey, if the shoe fits...
Just another pretty picture.
This is a picture of the Grand Place in Brussels, Belgium. The name was very fitting. It was this giant square lined with all these amazing buildings.
The next couple pictures are from out stay in Bruge, Belgium.
If you can't tell, Lexi is holding the statues hand.

Here is the whole gang in Rothenburg, Germany. It is Germany's last fully walled city. Lexi got a little tired and fell asleep in her backpack.
She thought the cannons in the crime and punishment museum were super cool.

Lexi, Mark, and I below the Fortress in Wurzburg, Germany (that's a broom we got her in the market that she is holding, she had to carry it after that).
Here is the whole gang in Rothenburg, Germany. It is Germany's last fully walled city. Lexi got a little tired and fell asleep in her backpack.
She thought the cannons in the crime and punishment museum were super cool.
Lexi, Mark, and I below the Fortress in Wurzburg, Germany (that's a broom we got her in the market that she is holding, she had to carry it after that).
The Residence (AKA Palace) in Wurzburg.
The other side of the Residence.
Walking around the Fortress.

My parents and Lexi in front of the Porta Nigra (an old Roman gate) in Trier, Germany; the oldest city in Germany.

The wall to the old part of Budingen, Germany. This is the first town we lived in when we got to Germany.
The other side of the Residence.
Walking around the Fortress.
My parents and Lexi in front of the Porta Nigra (an old Roman gate) in Trier, Germany; the oldest city in Germany.
The wall to the old part of Budingen, Germany. This is the first town we lived in when we got to Germany.
More of Budingen
Lexi and Mark checking out the birds at the open air museum in the Black Forest. This place has a bunch of old farm houses from the 1500's.
Lexi and Mark checking out the birds at the open air museum in the Black Forest. This place has a bunch of old farm houses from the 1500's.
My parents in front of one of those cool old farm houses.

Mumulsee (in the Black Forest) still had snow.
Mumulsee (in the Black Forest) still had snow.

6 comments:
Great pictures! I love Lexi's "wow!" face and the picture of her in the shoes. I am going to have to get your opinion on some of those places before we travel. See you tomorrow!
You are such a hot Momma, makes me miss you. I know I am going to be kicking myself for not coming.
That farm house is HUGE, and I thought it was funny Lexi loves the broom.
What great pictures! Looks like you all had a blast!
I love taht you rented bikes!! That's so something we would have loved to do!! Glad you had fun with you parents!!
Love the pictures! Compare the Keukenhof pics from last year and it's not even the same - Lexi doing face-plants in the dirt vs. Lexi trying on massive wooden shoes! Miss you guys and can't wait to see you this summer!
Man, these pics bring back memories, because I hav been to all of these places! Thanks for sharing, a fun trip down memory lane for me.
Post a Comment