Monday, December 22, 2008

Turning One


Happy Birthday to you!!!! Lexi turned one while in the states so we had a birthday celebration for her. It was a great time. There were presents, pin the tail on the giraffe, party hats and lots of cake an ice cream; what little girl wouldn't have a great time with all that.

Lexi had a great time opening her presents. She was a little slow at first but once she figured it out she became the unwrapping master.


She even opened her card from Grandma-Great-Smith. She was a little puzzled by the money. She actually threw it on the ground. Oh, if she only knew.

After the Presents came the cake. I decided that for her first birthday I wanted to make her cake and what could I make but a giraffe. Sadly however I was unable to find a giraffe pan or even a pattern so I had to get creative. It took a good hour and a half to make but I thought it turned out pretty cute; at least for an armature.

Leave it to Alexia to want a fork for her first birthday cake.

But don't worry, even with the fork in hand she still dug right in.


We finally got the fork away from her and then the real fun began.

Yes, she is puckering up. Once she was completely covered in chocolate she looked at me expectantly and puckered right up.

All in all it was a great B-day

8 comments:

The McBride Family said...

Amature shmamature that cake looks AWESOME!!!! You did a great job!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Lexi! I hope you had a great day!

Cristine said...

That cake looks GORGEOUS! You did an awesome job! The pics are great and Lexi looks like she had a blast!

Hope to see you soon! :)

Sulane said...

Britteny your cake looks so good! Very cute! You're amazing!

stephani said...

she is so cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lexi!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lexi!!!!

Rachel said...

I am so impressed with your cake it looks amazing!!

Randi A. said...

Hi there. I wandered over from Deborah Miller's page.

Can I just say that your cake was killer. That is just fantastic for not having a pattern or anything. I am mega impressed.

P.S. Darling little girl.